Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Going Postal

I sell HP servers to the government through my actual customers, who are government contractors (companies akin to Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, etc).

These people are angry...almost all the time. Today I've had 4 calls from people who were nearly yelling into the phone. I'd done all I could for them, but company policy and rules/regulations will only let me do so much myself before I'm forced to rely on someone else to complete their part of the task (and of course speed is not as important to them as it is to me and my customer).

Wherever my next career destination is, remind me not to get a job in sales.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this post would be about a huge sale to a new client -- the United States Postal Service. Imagine my disappointment when I found out it's only about angry service calls.

    ReplyDelete