Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Diet & Exercise...Lord why did you give me a slow metabolism?

This is day 3 of South Beach Diet drudgery. The exercise part I've already been doing for about 4 months now, but the diet part sucks. You never realize how much you miss carbs until you're not eating them in any way, shape or form. I don't even get to look at a carb until week after next, when I go into phase 2 of the diet - limited, healthy carbs. If I haven't lost 15 lbs by the time I reach phase 2, I will birth a cow. Because it's all I can do not to think of Old Chicago, Slim Chicken's, Wingstop, Chik-Fil-A, and other carb-heavy favorite eats. Curse genetics. Curse them. Thanks to genetics, I'm eating an unsatisfying lunch of tuna fish (just tuna fish), almonds (not of the smoked or salted variety) and part-skim mozzarella string cheese.

Changing the subject now. I'm desperately hoping that the government realizes the error of their ways, regrets taking ~35% of my year's pay in taxes, and decides to refund a huge chunk of that back to me. Because not only would that be awesome, but Danielle and I would no longer have any credit card debt, and Adam would get a nice new Ford F-150 Crew-Cab 4WD. However, I am a pessimist by nature, so I highly doubt this will actually happen. They'll probably send me a little note saying "Hi Mr. Barron - here's your check for $50. Enjoy your stimulus." Let's hope I end up pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment