Saturday, July 18, 2009

Late to bed, late to rise: It's the way to go


It's amazing the way the human brain works. It's beyond my comprehension why and how this mass of strangely-colored tissue somehow helps us think and act in ways that make each of us so unique and different from each other.

I don't really even know why I think of this now, but it's so rare that we take into consideration what causes our brain to trigger specific actions and behavioral trends. Simply looking at the complexities existent in our individual selves, one cannot deny that God exists. To strongly suggest and believe that we evolved into the creatures we are now is, in my opinion, 100% ludicrous, especially seeing the many intricacies and varieties present in the human individual. I don't think that it would ever matter how much evolutionary evidence passed in front of my eyes. Even if I didn't believe in the God, I would sooner believe in a god before believing that I developed from some single-celled organism millions (more likely billions) of years ago. My rational mind simply will not accept this.

On to lighter fare. I must say that I'm happy with the trend present in the production of the last several Harry Potter films. We caught the latest edition last night, and while I thought that there should have been more time given to the lighter topics present within the book, overall I like the darker, more ominous direction taken by David Yates as the series draws to a close. I can see why they're breaking the last film into two parts, as I believe that is the only way to truly do the story justice without making it a 4-5 hour film.

Off to Greenbrier to pick up a guillotine cutter...happy 1st birthday Ollie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment